KAON Automation is seeking to recruit a qualified electrician to join our busy machine build team.
Job Description & Duties:
The Electrical Build Technician is responsible for the build and debug of machines. The main aspects of the job includes:
- Mechanical assembly and debugging of customised automated assembly machines.
- Marking up any changes to mechanical & electrical drawings that change during the machine build phase.
- Electrical field wiring aspect of machine building
- Electrical wiring of machine control panels (qualifications permitting)
- On-site installation of equipment
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Maintaining GMP standards
- Complying with company safety policies
- Managing materials related to the machine build
You will be responsible for signing off that the mechanical & electrical aspects of a machine are up to standard before any equipment is shipped. This roll in the company is critical to the success of a project and requires self-critical and detailed workmanship in order to be able to set the highest standards for the practices in the company.
The mechanical aspects of the job involve assembling components from detailed assembly drawings and then mechanical fault finding and problem solving. You will also be required to build pneumatic and electrical schematics required on the machine and detail any changes. You will be involved in the mechanical and electrical debug after the machine is powered up.
- Machine build
- Innovate modifications & solutions.
- Panel build and field wiring
- Electrical / mechanical debug
- Read / mark-up electrical drawings.
- Debugging of machines: Electrical/ Mechanical
- Managing the machine build materials during build
- Restocking of components eg screws, profile accessories.
- Quality / pre-delivery checks / testing
- Minor milling, drilling
- Tidy up tools
- General tool maintenance
Educational, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Electrician qualification
- 3+ years relevant experience ideally working in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Willing to take ownership
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Proven track record in delivering solutions
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required