Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
The role involves becoming a member of the Kaon Automation mechanical design team.
- Develop part detail drawings and interface with suppliers to get quotations where required.
- General assembly drawings
- Ensure accurate bills of materials are developed on all assigned projects
- Brief supplier on requirements and get quotations that ensure quality, value and project timelines are achieved
- ensure orders are raised on Sage in a timely fashion to support project schedules
- Follow-up on order progress
- Develop understanding of supplier techniques
- Develop Build Packs and brief build team
- Communicate clearly with machine build technicians to ensure machine builds take place accurately and efficiently.
- proactively addressing potential design or supply issues affecting projects by providing information and recommendations on a timely fashion to minimise project impacts.
- Update drawings / Drafts
- Develop “as built” drawings ensuring that customer drawings reflect as built at all times
- supporting role to assist lead engineers
- Ensure standard operating procedures adhered to
- Complete project checklists and required internal Kaon Automation documents to ensure that project phase exits are completed correctly.
Educational, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering
- Good communication skills, ability to work well within a team
- Ability to take responsibility to ensure all project stakeholders are up to date with work progress daily
- Good organisation skills
- Good time management skills, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required