Junior Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for providing quality support throughout the project lifecycle of manufactured automated equipment. This includes working with a wider team of professionals, with the overall aim of making sure the that the product meets quality and customer expectations, as it moves through each phase of the project lifecycle.
• Overall responsibility for machine quality. This will include:
o Reviewing and approving documentation required at each stage of the project lifecycle – FDS, SOP’s, Project checklists, BOM’s, User Manual pack etc.
o Creation of internal test documentation and ensuring all machines are inspected and tested to meet customer requirements.
o Issuing and controlling Electrical and Pneumatic drawings.
o Reviewing and approving all test documentation associated with product and ensuring it adheres to Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
o Where required, support customers validation activities during SAT.
o Final review of machines prior to shipment.
o Where required, arrange and facilitate lessons learnt meetings and log any findings.
• Participate and lead investigations (CAPA), involving but not limited to collecting, identifying and analysing information, investigating product and quality problems and identify effective corrective actions.
• Close out actions documented on the Company Action List within agreed timeframe.
• Ensuring training records are maintained to ensure all employees trained on new or changed procedures.
• Participate and lead process improvements.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department.
• A bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or Science.
Relevant Experience and Knowledge
This role would suit a quality/engineering graduate, looking to launch their career in quality and be mentored and exposed to a wide range of experience, systems and processes that will be invaluable in the development of their career.
Ideally, the successful candidate would:
• Have three years industry experience. However, this is not a prerequisite.
• Have knowledge of quality engineering principles and good manufacturing practices.
• Be able to plan, organize and prioritize tasks in order to achieve time critical projects / deadlines.
• Have good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with different engineering teams, project management, suppliers and customers.
• Be a team player and fit well within a team of professional individuals.
• Be proficient in Microsoft office.
• Have a desire to learn new tasks to progress your long term career.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including effective influencing skills.
• Technical writing experience. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management abilities.
• Desire to learn new tasks.
• Results focused and ability to work on own initiative and work well under pressure.
• Computer literate in the use of MS Office.