Graduate Controls Engineer
The role will involve becoming a member of the Kaon Automation controls team, responsible for the design and implementation of all controls aspects on automated equipment.
Duties to include:
- Primarily work in a supporting role to controls engineers
- Develop or assist control program development for machine stations / areas as assigned by the control engineers.
- Develop machine control programs (PLC/HMI/etc) for repeats, upgrades and smaller projects where the graduate engineer is assigned direct project responsibility.
- Develop Eplan electrical drawings and interface with suppliers to get quotations where required.
- Ensure accurate bills of materials are developed on all assigned projects and ensure orders are raised on the purchasing system in a timely fashion to support project schedules.
- Communicate clearly with product builders to ensure machine builds take place accurately and efficiently.
- Develop “as built” drawings ensuring that customer drawings reflect as built at all times.
- Create customer documentation packages to meet EU standards (drawings, manuals, training documents, and CE certs, etc) as required to match customer URS requirements at machine handover.
- Be available to build, debug or carry out factory acceptance tests on projects as required by Kaon Automation managers or mechanical engineers
Educational, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Good communication skills are essential to and it is your responsibility to ensure all project stakeholders you are dealing with are up to date with work progress daily.
- Ability to take responsibility to ensure all project stakeholders are up to date with work progress daily
- Good organisation skills
- Good time management skills, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Current driving licence and able to travel as required